Ad Source: Craigslist
Car Location: Jefferson Park (Chicago), Illinois
Asking Price: Contact Seller
- Model Year: 1964
- Body Style: Notch Coupe
- Trim: P1800
- Odometer: Not Listed
- Engine: 4 cylinder
- Seller Type: Private Owner
- Name: Not Provided
- Phone: See Below
- Email: See Below
- Preferred Method: Not Specified
More Details & Pictures
1964 Volvo P1800 for sale, best offer.
I bought this from a neighbor when I lived in Minneapolis who had it sitting by his garage for years, after buying it from its original owner, with plans to restore it. I had those same dreams, but was focused on restoring another old Volvo first. This car is all original – I’m pretty sure the tires might even be from the 70s; good restoration candidate if you have the time, otherwise solid parts car. I’ve gotten the motor to start (starting fluid helped) and have driven it about 3/4 mile as I had time to look at things; the brakes worked for those drives, but the clutch is stuck (so only rolling starts).
A few comments on the car:
– Glass is all there, not cracked
– No keys – I’ve rigged up a starter switch, but replacing the armored cable will be a necessary project
– Rust in the usual spots – rockers, some parts of floor. looks like some temporary bondo work was done in past (lighter paint areas)
– Chrome is generally decent – needs a polish, but all pieces there and fairly dent-free
– Interior panels are all there, but some are not attached
– Headliner is in one piece and in good shape
– No grill, turn signals or headlight trim rings
On the road currently, but will add a few additional photos when I get home this week. Title is packed away, will need to find it; has not been retitled since the early 1970s, so bill of sale provided as well.
Car is located in garage in Chicago; local pick up only. Accept payment via cash, venmo, cashier’s check. Car is also listed on eBay; happy to provide more information if needed.